Intro...........

I love food............
Anything to do with food................
Shopping, eating, discussing food & recipes, checking out places that serve the best this dish or that..................I love all of it.
In fact , the whole family is like that. My appa, my sis & my brother,my kids..........We all love food !!!
We are all self proclaimed foodies............All our family gatherings are completely taken over by discussions of food......

The mallippu idli in that little shop in Cambridge layout in Bangalore VS the idly-vadai- sambhar in that 50 year old mess in Mylapore........
Or does the more kozambhu go better with beans paruppu ussili curry or with vazhakkai kara curry...so on & so forth!

& We love all kinds of food.........The Punjabi Dal makhni & paneer buttter Masala , the Bengali luchi - alu dum & rossogolla , the Rajasthani dal- bati- churma, the Gujarati khaman dhokla & khandvi, Pastas & bruschettas , Harissa & the lavash , we love them all .with more or less equal fervour
But of course all these & more come after our good old TAM BRAM FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahh...........The wonderful avials & porials & sambhars & bondas & payasams!!!!!!!
Lipsmacking to say the least..........& The sheer variety available....!!!!! It's completely mind boggling to say the least !!!

Still as an avid cook, I have been gathering these family recipes from mom , grandmom, various aunts etc etc.....for years & years. & of course they have all been made any number of times..........So I'm going to put down these recipes on my blog as & when I make them. Maybe, I can add some photographs too , where possible...........

Let's see how much i manage to do..........

Comments

  1. Looking forward to the posts! :). Yes, i guess it does run in the family... you forgot vatha kozhumbu and mor kozhambu! slurp slurp.

    -Chetna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!! Way to go Chitra!
    I'm very thrilled,
    will be an ardent follower, please keep the recipes flowing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reached your last blog..unless there is another older version..and realized throughout that u are exceptionally talented :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this blog page about Agnihotra. It gives us so much information about our ancient practice. Please visit my website for pur Indian A2 milk.

    Visit Pure Aavin Ghee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment