Masala Bread

I have been baking up a storm this past week. With my husband out of the city on work & plenty of time on my hands, I decided to pull a few of my old recipe books & get down to some serious baking............
I tried a bread & a couple of varieties of cookies.
I am posting the photographs of my efforts !!

They came out pretty well even if I do say so myself !!!







These are some Herb Buns .......
Don't they look great !








This is a Masala Loaf. The dough for both the bun & loaf
are the same,
but the spices & herbs are different. The
loaf has some typical Indian spices & herbs...... green

chillies, onions, coriander leaves etc in them.




The texture of the bread was wonderful. To make it
healthier, I used whole wheat flour along with the
refined flour
for this recipe.



I served the Masala Loaf with a spiced up Lentil Soup!!




P. S -- Do write to me if any of you out there is
interested in trying out the recipe.


Do drop a note in the comment box & I
will put up the recipe immediately.


***************************************************************


Comments

  1. Hi Chitra!
    So now you are into kitchen gardening... keep the tips going...
    Post the recipes for the herbal buns and masala loafs. Want to try that out. Yesterday, baked a whole wheat pizza (for the first time!), with wheat bran also added to it. Can I try the spiral loaf with whole wheat alone? Cheers! Madhuri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chits-can't decide which one I want to try out first....They all look so good and best of all easy!!!Really appreciate the tips.Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chitra,
    Can you give me the recipe for the masala bread and the buns. They look gorgeous and I am sure must be delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vasantha, the recipe is available under Spiral Masala bread. It is the same dough. Do try it out. Thanks. Chitra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment