A Surprise Gift for Me !!!



I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I came back home to Baroda yesterday. My daughter Urmila, who had just come back from a trip to Kolkata had a surprise gift for Me !!

I was soooo thrilled & delighted. Nobody gets me surprise gifts & all that, ever. It's normally me who does these kind of things for everyone else....

"It's a small gift ma...." she warned me. "But I think you will love it," she declared.

She gave me a bag.... which said FLURYS on it. Yes that's the famous pastry shop of good ole Cal...
But she cannot be giving me stale pastries even if they are from Flurys, I thought..... & then without further delay I opened the bag & took out the gift................

Wow! There was this perfect little chocolate box, in the most perfect hot pink colour ever , with a perfect little bow on it.

It was such a perfect gift for me !!! I was lost in complete admiration of this adorable box.......... for quite a while that I forgot to checkout the actual contents inside....
By the way, the chocolates were awesome too.........

Daughters are the best ...I thought to myself....They know you inside out..........& they know just the thing that you will simply love.........
She knew I would be more thrilled with the box than the actual chocolates......( she told me so..)

Yep ...............that's my daughter......... the sweetest ever.............

Until I heard her say, " Ma, Can I have the box after you've had the chocolates !"









**************************************************

Comments

  1. Haha..the box does look amazing, and this story is soo urmi I can't stop laughing at the last line aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Urmila was equally excited about getting you the gift Aunty.

    Oh, also I have a name for you, since you know I am an ardent fan of the rasam you make..
    Hence, lovingly i thought i'd call you Rasamma :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment